We have not lost many teeth around here; Jake had no teeth at a year old, so losing them has been a slow process, which the dentist says is better actually. He has lost three teeth total. The first one he pulled when it wasn't even loose and the last two were so ready that the adult tooth was already in behind the baby tooth. This was his first top tooth to lose, and I think it really makes them look different, as opposed to losing bottom teeth.
This one pretty much dangled. It was so ready to come out, it started to turn yellow and die! Gross, I know. I told him that he would probably end up swallowing it. So yesterday, he had it at breakfast, and then when we got in the car, it wasn't there. Needless to say, we never found it, and he was a little concerned that tooth fairy would not come. Although, we lost the last one too, and never found it, and she still came.
Well, the tooth fairy FORGOT! I guess because it happened the morning before, it just slipped my mind. When I woke up the next morning, it hit me. When I walked in their room, they were anxiously looking for it, so I went and got the money and without them seeing, I put it down by the side of the bed, kind of underneath, so it looked as if it had fallen. When Jake finally found it, his worried look disappeared, and I could tell they fell for it. Whew! That was close. I felt bad, but at least I didn't have to explain why she didn't come!


3 comments:
That is too cute! I remember all too well lots of times I did the same thing ~ trying to sneak the money under the bed so it looked like it fell off when actually I had forgotten to put it under their pillows. They always fell for it when they were little :) You should try putting some glitter on the windowsill and their pillow and tell them it must have come from the tooth fairy when she visited. Fun times! Your boys are just precious, and I am really enjoying your blog.
so cute about the tooth! lilly lost another one last week. the puppy post made me sad!!! how could you not be in love with a puppy!?? glad i didn't know about it, b/c i would have probably adopted him. and no, there was no oil when we went, but i am so depressed over it :(
That is hilarious! Grace hates to pull to her teeth so she lets them stay until they are literally dangling! She just lost one on yesterday and it was dangling so bad it just fell out in her mouth while she was talking! The last one she lost fell out when she took a drink and she swallowed it!
Post a Comment